Saint Thomas Health offers a variety of opportunities in nursing that provide you with the right fit to meet your scheduling, specialty and career development needs. Nurses that join our family tend to stay. It's not uncommon to meet a nurse who's been with us for 10, 20 - even 30 years. That's careers for LIFE.
Whether you're an experienced nurse, a new graduate or a nursing student, we have opportunities for you to enjoy a rewarding nursing career at the area's largest faith-based healthcare system. Use the links on the right for more information about your career path.
Nurse Residency Program
The application process is now open for the Nurse Residency Program for our July 2017 start date. Please send your resume if you are interested in interviewing. Once we have your resume, the interview selection committee will be sending out invitations with details for the interview days. Please be sure to bring 4 copies of your resume, two forms of ID, immunization records, and a copy of your BLS card. Jobs will be offered on the spot that day. If you have less than 6 months' acute care experience as a RN, you still qualify for our program.
To begin application, click desired location below to open email and attach your resume:
- Saint Thomas West and Midtown applicants (NursegraduateprogramMid@sth.org)
- Saint Thomas Rutherford applicants (NursegraduateprogramRuth@sth.org)
Saint Thomas Health offers quality education and a nurturing environment for the graduate transitioning from the role of student nurse to the role of registered nurse. We have a 12-15 week program filled with orientation to different units and classes with guest speakers. At the end of the fifteen weeks the new graduate is then placed on a home unit where they can begin their Nursing Career in a faith based and supportive environment.
- Current unrestricted Tennessee RN licensure or a current compact state licensure
- Less than 6 months' acute care experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Successful completion of a criminal background check (performed by Saint Thomas Health once an offer of employment is accepted)
- Successful completion of health screen (performed by Saint Thomas Health once an offer of employment is accepted)