Saint Thomas Health is a Community of Healing.
2015 Community Benefit Report
|Download the 2014 Report|
We are dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care, which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities, with special attention to those who are poor and vulnerable.
We continue the work of our founding religious sponsors in responding to health needs within our community.
What is Community Benefit?
A response to an identified Community Need that meets one of the following:
- Improves access to health care services
- Enhances the health of the community
- Advances medical or health care knowledge
- Relieves or reduces the burden of government or other community effort
Health is: A state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.
Source: World Health Organization
Learn more about Community Health Needs Assessments
- Catholic Health Association - http://www.chausa.org/
- Healthy People 2020 - http://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/default.aspx
- Mayor’s Neighborhood Challenge - http://mayorsneighborhoodchallenge.com/
- Mayor’s Workplace Challenge - http://mayorsworkplacechallenge.com/
- Healthy Nashville - http://www.healthynashville.org/